Subaru models are known for their impressive performance, one of the many reasons we’ve put together a post on the fastest Subaru models. The following Subaru models are all STI vehicles, a line of high-performance models and parts.
- 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. This sleek model can turn heads with a classic Subaru look and tons of power—300 horsepower, to be precise. A smart transmission gave this model a 5.4-second 0 to 62 rating, and a top speed of 155 mph.
- 2014 Subaru WRX I. The 2014 model year came with a whopping 155-mph top speed and a 0 to 62 mph time of 4.9 seconds. With 305 horsepower and a lightweight design, this model had a sleek exterior, large hood vent, and massive spoiler. It was just as impressive off-road as on the drag strip.
- 2010 Subaru Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 (GRB). According to Top Car Rating, this is one of the fastest Subaru models around. With a top speed of 155 mph and a 0 to 62 in roughly 3.7 seconds, the Cosworth Impreza is a blur. Specifically, the 2010 model year was made in partnership with Cosworth (a British performance company), with a 2.5-liter boxer engine, special exhaust, suspension, brakes, and wheels.
- 1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STI. This model doesn’t accelerate faster than the other three models on this list, but it does have a top speed of 156 mph. With a 280-horsepower engine and a miniscule 3,200 pounds in curb weight, this model is fast on the straightaway. Plus, it was also one of the most affordable models on this list as well.
- 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (GDB). Unlike number five on our list, this model has a 280-horsepower engine, light curb weight, and fairly slow acceleration (compared to these other models, anyway). However, this model makes number one on our list thanks to its 158-mph top speed.
These are just some of fastest Subaru models in terms of top speed. Since its inception, the Subaru brand has been dedicated to unparalleled performance and speed. Want the same speed? Check out the range of performance accessories for Subaru models.